Supporting with physical health checks
Mental health and physical health are closely linked. If our bodies are healthy, it’s more likely that our minds will be too. My Practice, My Health helps support residents to engage with annual, physical health checks who otherwise might not get them.
People with Severe Mental Illness (SMI) need to take extra care of their physical health and are invited for annual physical health check-ups at your registered GP surgery.
A physical health check is an important first step towards taking charge of your physical health and being as well as you can be.
What we can do for you:
- We can help you understand the benefits of health checks
- We can help you book a health check
- We can accompany you to the GP surgery
- We can help you overcome any worries or issues with physical health checks
- We can help you overcome any barriers in attending physical health checks
You must be aged 18+
Have a GP in Hammersmith & Fulham, Ealing, or Hounslow and be a resident of the borough
Be diagnosed with Severe Mental Illness (SMI)
Need support with physical health checks
If you’re getting a physical health check, download our toolkit so you can keep track of what you need to know!
You can use the referral form below to self-refer to our service, this form can also be used by professionals, or you can call to self-refer: 0208 571 7454 (please leave a message)